How to Make Your Own CBD Soap at Home
Making your own CBD soap at home is easier than you may think. With just a few simple ingredients and supplies, you can create your own high-quality, do-it-yourself CBD soap. This blog post will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make your own CBD soap, so you can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of CBD in your own home. Read on to learn more about the supplies you'll need, and how to make your own CBD soap.
The Benefits of CBD Soap
CBD soap is quickly becoming one of the most popular types of soap available on the market today. This unique type of soap offers many benefits, making it a great choice for anyone looking for a way to make their bath and shower experience more enjoyable.
The primary benefit of CBD soap is that it is formulated with the natural healing and calming properties of Cannabidiol (CBD). CBD is a powerful cannabinoid found in cannabis plants which has been used for centuries for its healing and anti-inflammatory properties. CBD soap is perfect for those who suffer from skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin. Additionally, CBD soap can help soothe aching muscles, reduce stress, and help you get better sleep.
Other benefits of CBD soap include naturally moisturizing your skin and helping to prevent premature aging. CBD contains essential fatty acids that help to nourish your skin and keep it hydrated, while also reducing inflammation and protecting against free radicals. With regular use, CBD soap can help improve the overall appearance and texture of your skin.
Overall, CBD soap offers a wide range of benefits that can be enjoyed by everyone. It’s a great way to get the most out of your bath or shower experience without sacrificing the quality of your skin.
The Ingredients You'll Need
Making your own CBD soap at home is a simple and fun way to enjoy the benefits of CBD without the hassle of having to purchase pre-made soaps. To make your own, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 1⁄4 cup of hemp seed oil – This provides the base for your soap and helps moisturize and nourish skin. Hemp seed oil is high in essential fatty acids and has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe skin.
- 2 tablespoons of CBD oil – This will provide the therapeutic effects of the CBD in the soap. You can adjust the amount of CBD oil depending on how strong you want the effects to be.
- 1⁄2 cup of coconut oil – This oil helps create a gentle lather and gives your soap its creamy texture. It also contains fatty acids and antioxidants that help keep skin moisturized and healthy.
- 1⁄2 cup of olive oil – This oil helps give your soap a silky feel and provides additional nourishment to skin. It's also rich in vitamins and minerals, which help keep skin hydrated and healthy.
- 1 cup of lye – Lye is a type of alkali that helps make your soap hard and prevents it from melting. Make sure to wear protective gear when handling lye.
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil – This helps give your soap a creamy consistency and also helps keep skin moisturized.
- Essential oils of your choice – This adds an extra layer of fragrance to your soap. Popular essential oils for making soap include lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus.
Once you have all the ingredients, you're ready to get started making your CBD soap!
Making your own CBD soap at home is a great way to enjoy the relaxing and calming benefits of CBD. Here's what you'll need to do:
- Gather your ingredients. You'll need:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 2 tablespoons lye
- 1/4 cup water
- 15–20 drops of CBD oil
- Melt the coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, and shea butter together in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add in the beeswax and stir until it is melted and fully incorporated into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lye and water together until the lye is dissolved.
- Slowly pour the lye mixture into the melted oils, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon or whisk.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it reaches trace—this means it will thicken and become slightly translucent. This can take 10–15 minutes.
- Add in the CBD oil and mix it in thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a mold or silicone loaf pan.
- Allow the soap to harden for 12–24 hours before removing it from the mold.
- Cut the soap into bars and let them cure for at least 4 weeks before using.
Once you have mastered the basics of making your own CBD soap, you may find yourself wanting to experiment and add in some personal touches. This can be a fun way to make a unique product that is uniquely suited to your needs and tastes.
Adding essential oils to your soap can not only add a pleasant scent, but also provide some beneficial effects. Essential oils such as lavender and chamomile are known for their calming effects, while eucalyptus can help to clear nasal congestion. When using essential oils in your soap, it’s important to use them in moderation. For every 1/4 cup of soap, try adding about 10 drops of essential oil.
You can also experiment with natural colorants to create different shades in your soap. For example, you can use activated charcoal powder to make a black or grey soap. Other natural colorants include clays, spices, and even vegetables like beetroot or carrots. As with essential oils, use these ingredients sparingly in order to avoid overpowering your soap’s scent.
For an invigorating scrub, try adding exfoliants to your soap. Popular exfoliants for this purpose include ground oats and coffee grounds. To make sure the particles are not too large and uncomfortable on your skin, grind them until they are the consistency of a fine powder before adding them to your soap mixture.
No matter what you choose to add to your soap, you will enjoy having a unique product that is customized just for you! With the tips above, you should now have the knowledge to create a wide variety of CBD soaps at home.